・Peter van der Vliet、オランダ大使が開会挨拶
・Holland Semiconductors 業界団体より、オランダのエコシステムのご紹介
INNOVATION IN SEMICONDUCTORS
Opportunities for Collaboration
Dear Esteemed Contact,
Thank you for joining the Netherlands-Japan Roadshow Innovation in Semiconductors, on Tuesday 25 October 2022, 14:00-18:00 at Hotel Okura in Tokyo.
Semiconductor technology is at the heart of innovative and digital developments in virtually every sector. It is therefore a key industry to bring about the digital and green transition. The Netherlands and Japan are indispensable to achieving these transitions, as they are two of only three countries active throughout the whole semiconductor value chain. Dutch and Japanese government strongly support efforts to further promote their position within the value chain and see the strengthening of their relations as an important part of this. Semiconductor players in Netherlands can be positioned as Japanese partners to realize Japan Semiconductor strategy, especially in the field of 3D device process development.
In this light, the Netherlands Embassy in Japan organized a NL Semiconductor Roadshow on 25 October. During the event professionals from government, research institutes, and industry discussed NL semiconductor and high-tech policy and position the NL semiconductor ecosystem in Japan. The goals are:
- Make the large and complex semiconductor ecosystems in both countries more accessible for each other,
- Stimulate technology transfer and industry-research collaboration between the Netherlands and Japan,
- Connect and commit to bilateral follow-up activities, including future oriented human capital.
The Roadshow was opened by Ambassador Peter van der Vliet. After updates on recent policies in by the Netherlands Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy (EZK) of the Netherlands and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) of Japan, branch organization Holland Semiconductors introduced the Netherlands ecosystem, existing of about 200 companies and institutes. This was followed by innovative presentations by Dutch companies that have representation in Japan, including ASMi, TNO, CICT, Demcon, Boschman, Prodrive, Fastmicro, Tempress and Nearfield Instruments. Between the presentations and during the reception at the end, there was amply possibilities to do Networking and further personal discussions. All presenters had panels and posters at the venue for further explanation.
- Time & date: 14:30 – 18:00, Tuesday 25 October 2022
- Venue: Orchard Room, 2nd floor, Hotel Okura Tokyo (2-10-4 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo)
- Organizers: Netherlands Embassy in Japan, the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy and HighTechNL.
- Target audience: Professionals in the field from Japanese government, knowledge institutes and industry
- Language: English with Japanese translation
14.00 – 14.30 Registration
14.30 – 14.45 Welcome and Complementary Speeches
- Peter van der Vliet, Ambassador to Japan
- Michiel Sweers, Deputy Director General for Enterprise & Innovation, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy (video message)
- Hisashi Kanazashi, Director, IT Industry Division, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) of Japan (PPT Presentation)
14.45 – 15.30 Presentations
- High Tech NL: Victor Haze, Cluster Manager Holland Semiconductors (video message)
High Tech NL Corporate Story – Showcase details of organization, its members and activities.
- ASM Japan: Hideaki Fukuda, Senior Director Process development (presentation)
ASM R&D activities in Japan – ASM introduction, ASM R&D activities in Japan and historical ASMI collaboration with academia and consortia, etc.
- TNO: Harm van Leeuwen, Senior Business Development Manager (video message)
TNO introduction and examples of potential collaborations – Brief introduction of TNO activities for Semicon equipment. Examples are presented of potential collaborations where we combine the strengths of JP and NL technology background.
- Chip Integration Technology Center: Marco Koelink, Business Development Manager (PPT presentation)
Joint innovation Center in heterogeneous integration and advanced packaging
- Demcon Advanced Mechatronics: Eric Tielemans, Managing Director (video message)
Open innovation and outsourcing R&D activities for complex product development – Our view on why and how Japanese organizations can benefit from open- innovation and outsourcing product development to Dutch organizations.
15.30 – 16.00 Break with possibility to speak to presenters live or online (Poster Session)
16.00 – 16.45 Presentations
- University of Twente: Prof. Dr. Ir. Bram Nauta, Professor & Head IC Design Group (video message)
Analog RF CMOS: receivers & transmitters, AD DA converters
- Boschman Technologies: Johan Hamelink, VP Sales and Business Development Asia (presentation)
Assembly and packaging trends for next generation Power Modules – The presentation gives an overview of new assembly technologies for EV power modules.
- Prodrive Technologies Japan K.K.: Kenji Baptist, General Manager – Commerce (presentation)
Prodrive Technologies – A passion for semiconductor – Presentation outlining our company and product portfolio, with a focus on where and how we continue to add value to our customers, including in Japan, in this highly innovation driven industry.
- Fastmicro B.V.: Erik Vermeulen, CEO (PPT presentation)
Surface particle measurements at microscale – a breakthrough in cleanliness – The presentation explains the arising issue of ever-increasing cleanliness requirements and helps understand how the problem can be solved through innovative products
- Tempress: Tempress: Fukumi Tomino, Representative Japan (PPT presentation)
Tempress, the spirit of thermal progress – A heritage overview of > 50 years development of flexible, innovative semiconductor thermal processing equipment.
- Nearfield Instruments: Rudi Wilhelm, Director system engineering, applications, product marketing and R&D (PPT presentation)
High-Throughput Scanning Probe Microscopy for Semiconductor Metrology and Inspection – How High-Throughput Scanning Probe Microscopy can be used for thin photoresist, deep and narrow post etch 3D measurements, and post CMP profiling
16.45 – 16.50 Wrap up & closing remarks
- Eric van Kooij, Counsellor for Innovation, Science and Technology, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (Presentation)
16.50 – 18.00 Networking (Drinks and finger food)